November 03, 2004

Especially in this age of the stay-on-target message, the ability to block out cognitively dissonant information, such that anything not already existing in the active paradigm is almost literally not heard, is very far from being limited to politics. Why should its current dominance in politics come as any surprise, when in virtually every aspect of my life over the past two months, I have had very nearly to seize the collar of the person to whom I am talking to try to get them to hear what I, or another I am representing, is actually asking?

Not that the same pattern has not been happening -- and escalating -- for some decades before, but that I don't usually try anymore unless it is actually something I find to be of immediate and relatively major relevance. What is held together by faith, let no one try to rend asunder.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home