June 18, 2004

Today Beth was woken up by the sound of the truck hitting the building. No injuries, except to a bit of the wall and to the REM cycle. Nothing major/non-fixable damaged.

My attitude in such things tends not to help. ("If that is the worst that happens ...")


Smile of the day:

A highway patrol officer, driving down a lonely stretch of road, spotted a beautiful blonde standing at the side of the road, surveying the wreckage of her sports car. After he had ascertained that she was unhurt, he asked how the accident had happened, since there were no other vehicles involved and the driving conditions were excellent.

The blonde replied, "I was just driving along, officer, and all of a sudden I saw a tree, right in front of me. I swerved and there it was again. So I veered in the opposite direction, but it was there, too. I just kept swerving from one side of the road to the other, trying to miss that tree. I couldn't see anything else. Then I lost control of my car and it overturned."

The patrolman looked inside the vehicle. "Ma'am," he said, "that tree you saw was your air freshener."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home